1. The ancients found the darkness a source of great fear, and so dreaming of darkness could be calling your attention to a fear you have that needs to be dealt with.
2. Darkness also hides one's surroundings, and so darkness in a dream could indicate that you are "in the dark" about something, and need to find the truth. If you walk through the darkness into the light, this is showing you that you will indeed find the truth, and success will come your way.
3. If a storm causes a bright day to suddenly turn into darkness, this is a warning not to get too complacent with your present circumstances, and to save for "a rainy day."
1. If the dreamer is pregnant, and the daughter an as-yet unknown, this could be a sign that she is going to have a girl.
2. If you have a daughter, she is trying to communicate something to you but may be afraid to. Other symbols in the dream could shed light on what it is.
3. If the dreamer is neither pregnant nor the parent of a daughter, yet in the dream she has a daughter, this could indicate that the dreamer will start a new creative project soon. If the daughter is pretty and happy, the project will be a success. But if the child is crying, the project will hit a lot of snags.
4. If the girl in question is the daughter of a celebrity, ask yourself what both the daughter and the celebrity mean to you. Look to other symbols in the dream to add further insight.
A project, a dream, or plans for the future will come to a dead stop. Other symbols in the dream should reveal whether you need to scrap these plans entirely or go back to the beginning and start over.
1. An imminent transition, perhaps a move, or change of job or lover.
2. An impending death in the world of the dreamer - usually a relative, friend, or admired public figure. The dreamer's death, however, is never shown.
3. The need for change in some department of the dreamer's life. As to what: Watch for other symbols in the dream.
Astrological parallel: Scorpio
Tarot parallel: Death
The circumstances in the dream are very important. If you see the Devil in his usual context - in a pit full of fire, surrounded by demons - then you'd better ask yourself what guilty secret you're hiding and how it applies to your present circumstances. If the Devil speaks to you and seems friendly, then you're going to be faced with a temptation that will prove difficult to resist. If you fight him, you'll resist that temptation. If you see the Devil with someone you know, that person may be trying to manipulate you to serve his own ends.
Not always a positive symbol.
1.If you are alone holding diamonds in your hand, someone you care for very deeply could be turning cold towards you.
2.If someone gives you diamonds, however, a project that means a lot to you could bring money your way.
3.If other symbols in the dream imply happiness and contentment, the appearance of diamonds could add wealth to the equation. But if the rest of the dream is dark and ominous, diamonds could signify loss. When interpreting a dream containing diamonds, it's important to remember that diamonds, however prized and beautiful, really are nothing more than cold, hard rocks.
1.Dirt in a garden is a symbol for growth, abundance, and beauty. If you dream of planting a garden, something you're working on now could blossom into something more successful than you're even thinking of now.
2.Dirty clothes hint that your body isn't quite what it should be, and a medical checkup is advised.
3.If someone you know is throwing dirt at you, this person is not to be trusted. Do NOT confide in him or her!
1. Love, loyalty, devotion, obedience.
2. Strength; a challenge coming up and the ability to meet it.
3. Something in the dreamer's life is proving to be a "dog" - meaning, less than desirable.
Astrological parallels: Mercury, Virgo.
Dolphins are intelligent and friendly animals, and have often been known to rescue drowning people at sea. Therefore, they have long been symbols of compassion, helpfulness, empathy, and caring.
1. If you're beset with troubles, dreaming of a dolphin could mean that help from someone who cares is on the way.
2. Playing with a dolphin implies that happier, more carefree times are on the way.
3. Encountering several dolphins hints that you are, or soon will be, surrounded by a circle of friends who will provide you with a valuable support system.
1. A passage to a new phase in life, such as childhood to adolescence, or single to married.
2. A new opportunity on the way.
3. Revelation, either personal, spiritual, or universal.
Astrological parallels: Scorpio, Capricorn, Aries
Dreaming of a dragon depends greatly on the individual's attitude towards such creatures. In British mythology, dragons were viewed as fearsome and dangerous beasts, while in Chinese tradition dragons were considered harbingers of good luck. Therefore, it is important that the dreamer recall the circumstances of the dream. If the dream was dark and ominous, the dragon probably symbolizes the "beast in you," which could mean that your own weaknesses could well get the best of you. But if the dream was happy and optimistic, something wonderful is going to happen.
1. The need or desire to throw all the dreamer's energy into a particular goal.
2. The feeling of having no choice as to how to proceed in a given situation - in short, of being "driven." If the dreamer is not the drive, he should consider who is doing it.
Astrological parallels: Aries, Capricorn
Tarot parallel: The Chariot
1. Feeling overwhelmed, perhaps by work, obligations, or life itself.
2. Inundation; too many people making too many demands on the dreamer.
Astrological/Tarot parallels: Cancer, The Moon
1.Friends or relatives could be trying to talk you into something you don't want to do. Nip it in the bud before things get ugly.
2.You are torn in two different directions, and having a hard time deciding which is the right choice.
Dreaming of seeing (or being) a happy and contented dwarf strongly indicates that all your troubles will soon disappear as if by magic. If the dwarf was mean or unhappy, however, beware of false friends. Be very careful of who you confide in.
Not a portent of death per se.
1.If you dream of dying yourself, then all your troubles will soon be over and you can start anew. However, it could also mean that a part of you is dying and, if the other symbols in the dream tell you that it's a part of you that you like, you'd better find a way to resurrect it, and fast.
2.Sometimes this can be a wish-fulfillment dream, if you dream that someone who is causing trouble for you is dying. Don't feel guilty; this is a better way to manifest that wish than other ways!
3.Dreams in which the dreamer talks with dead people imply that very welcome news is on its way.
1. If the eagle is flying free, the dreamer needs to be prepared for an opportunity to soar above the mundane, either professionally or spiritually, or both.
2. If the eagle is perched on a tree or in a nest, someone close to the dreamer is looking out for her.
3. If the eagle is caged, the dreamer feels that her spirit, her true self, is trapped in some way.
Astrological parallel: Scorpio
Tarot parallel: The Hanged Man
1. If you are looking down upon the Earth from space, this is a sign of expansion, success, and great happiness.
2. A dream of lying on the earth depends on other symbols in the dream, particularly the weather. If it is a lovely day, a much-needed period of rest and relaxation lies ahead. If the weather is bad, an important matter needs immediate attention and you need to get on it.
3. Tilling the earth, or watching someone till the earth, indicates sensible and profitable use of your resources. See "Dirt".
If you live in an area prone to earthquakes and are used to them, this dream indicates minor difficulties that need to be resolved. But if you live in a place where earthquakes are rare, this dream implies a sudden and totally unexpected change in your circumstances - which could require some difficult adjustments at first, but will, in the long run, end in success and good fortune.
1. Dreaming of living in ancient Egypt might actually be a past-life memory. Be sure to write the dream down immediately upon awakening, as an issue from that past life could be coming to the surface of your unconscious mind. Something in the dream probably relates to a concern in the present, and the dream may be giving you important insights.
2. Egypt is a land of mystery, and therefore if you dream of Egypt or things Egyptian there is probably some mystery in your life that you'd like to have resolved. Look to other symbols in the dream to discern what it is and what you should do about it.
3. Egypt is a land where a lot of secrets are being dug out of the ground. What secrets are you hiding? Or are others around you keeping things from you that you really need to know? If the other symbols in the dream support this idea, honest communication with those involved is definitely called for.
Of all the domestic animals, the elephant is certainly one of the oldest known, if not the oldest. In Hindu mythology, Ganesha, the elephant-headed god, is one of the deities associated with wealth. Therefore, unless the dreamer himself has a personal anathema towards elephants, dreaming of an elephant is always a harbinger of great good fortune. 1. If the elephant is friendly and happy, expect a change in your luck for the better.
2. If the dreamer was riding an elephant, this indicates a rise in social status.
3. A performing elephant augurs new friends, while a working elephant hints at success through your own efforts.
4. Even an angry or frightened elephant, or even if they attack you, is not all that bad an omen. It only implies delays in the attainment of your goals.
A need for change, and also for economy. Circumstances may require cutting back on expenses in order to do something you really want to do.
1. If you dream of a living person whom you consider to be an adversary, you need to pay attention to the other symbols in the dream. If they are warning symbols, this person may be actively working against you. If they are positive, he or she may want a truce with you.
2. Dreaming of a shadowy, ominous, perhaps unseen enemy is calling your attention to your own shadow side. A part of you is keeping you from attaining certain goals. To deduce what part it is, look to other symbols in the dream.
3. Dreaming of several enemies is a dream of contrary. It actually implies that you are surrounded by loving and loyal friends.
The need or desire to break away from unpleasant people or circumstances in the dreamer's life. If, in the dream, the dreamer cannot escape, she might have to fight her way through difficulties. If an attempt is made but the dreamer is caught, then the dreamer should watch for a tendency to be her own worst enemy.
Astrological parallel: Mars-Uranus combinations
Tarot parallel: The Wheel of Fortune
An upcoming crisis in the attainment of a cherished goal. If the dreamer fails the exam, or if he awakens before knowing whether he passed or failed, the goal may be unfeasible at this time and should be re-examined. If the dreamer passes the exam, then, in spite of obstacles, he has it in him to get what he wants.
Astrological parallel: Saturn or Uranus
Tarot parallel: The Tower
1. The ex-lover is thinking about the dreamer intensely, and projecting telepathic messages towards her which she receives in her dreams.
2. Incompletions with this person that need to be resolved within the dreamer before he is truly free to move on to a new relationship.
3. Similarities between this past relationship and situations now in the dreamer's life. Solutions to current difficulties may be resolved by the dreamer's remembering how he dealt with the ex-lover.
Astrological parallel: Venus-Saturn combinations
Tarot parallel: The Lovers
A dream of contrary. To dream of witnessing a massive explosion indicates that your own life is going to "explode." Great changes for the better are on the way.
1.Being watched by strange, disembodied eyes indicates unexpected good fortune to come. If the eyes are particularly beautiful, this is a sign of success in romance and/or reassurance that you are surrounded by people who care for you. If there is only one eye watching you, this is the all-seeing Eye of God, and hints at success beyond your wildest dreams.
2.To go blind, to injure your eyes, or to get something in them is calling your attention to the fact that there is something or someone in your life that you're not really seeing as they really are.
3.Light-colored eyes indicate a new friendship, while dark eyes hint that someone is sexually attracted to you.
A symbol dependent on the circumstances of the dream. If you see a happy, smiling face, then pleasures and good times lie ahead. If you see a sad or frowning face, then troubles and worries may be plaguing you, and you have to "face" them. Dreaming of washing your face indicates the need to "clean up" your act, while dreaming of a face with a major blemish indicates the need to work on changing a bad habit.
Reassurance that your dearest dreams will come true. It doesn't matter if the fairy appeared in the form of an elf, a pixie, a leprechaun, a garden-variety fairy, or a specific fairy like Ozma of Oz, this is a very positive dream and portends great happiness.
Dreaming of hunting with a falcon implies the need to seek help in searching for something you desire. A hooded falcon indicates that someone around you is keeping things from you. A falcon making a kill is actually a positive omen, indicating that a long-time goal of yours will finally be reached. See "Eagle", "Hawk".
1. Human beings have two ancient primal fears: fear of falling, and fear of loud noises. Dreaming of falling often implies the fear of losing control and resulting disaster. If the dreamer falls a great distance, then he should start finding solutions right away, for there is danger of severe complications. If the dreamer falls a short distance and is unhurt, the damage will be minimal and can easily be set right.
2. A pun: Something important will happen, or difficulties will be resolved, by the "fall" (autumn).
Astrological parallel: Scorpio
Tarot parallel: The Tower
A busy, fruitful, and prosperous farm is a sign of abundance ahead, while a derelict, barren, and decrepit farm implies the need to work hard to avoid a rocky financial road ahead. Seeing lots of farm animals enjoying life reflects a coming period where you'll be meeting a lot of new people who'll be of great assistance to you.
This symbol is highly personalized, and should be considered in light of your relationship with your father. Generally, dreaming of a father (yours or anyone else's) represents authority, while mothers represent love and protection. If your relationship with your father was good, dreaming of him implies advancement and/or assistance from authority figures in your life. If your relationship with him was strained, however, dreaming of him indicates trouble coming from authority figures, such as your boss. If you're dreaming of a dead parent, especially if he or she is speaking to you, important news is coming your way. Whether the news is good or bad depends on other dynamics in the dream.
Astrological parallels: Saturn (father)
Tarot parallels: The Emperor
This symbol needs to be considered in view of the dreamer's situation at the time. If your life circumstances are calm and pleasant at the moment, dreaming that you are afraid of something is a warning of trouble ahead. Other symbols in the dream, and circumstances in your life, can explain to you exactly what the trouble will be and how to resolve it. If you're presently involved in some tense situations and you dream of being afraid, people whom you consider to be friends may turn out to be less than that. To dream of calming someone else's fears implies the resolving of misunderstandings.
1. A pun, implying issues of "under-standing." Aching, painful, or injured feet imply a misunderstanding between you and a loved one. Bathing the feet, however, hints at a resolution of any disagreements.
2. Viewing many feet walking on the street indicates financial reverses.
3. Cold feet symbolize fears and worries about a particular course of action which the dreamer may have been planning to take - as in the metaphor "getting cold feet." Other symbols in the dream should reveal whether the dreamer's fears are warranted or not.
An obstacle dream. The nature of the obstacle depends on the dreamer's circumstances, as well as on other symbols in the dream. If the scene on the other side of the fence is beautiful and peaceful, hope lies ahead, and if the dreamer gets over the fence, what he wants will indeed manifest in spite of obstacles. If the land on the other side of the fence is barren and rocky, and/or the dreamer is having trouble climbing the fence, what you're seeking may not be what it seems and it might be best to turn back. Sitting on a fence indicates a major decision to be made.
1. If you are fighting with an unknown figure, whether it's an argument or an out-and-out fistfight, or if you're participating in a free-for-all, this is a loud and clear message that major changes are on the way. Considering the dreamer's circumstances as well as other symbols in the dream will reveal the nature of the change, and/or what the dreamer needs to do in order to face it.
2. Standing on the sidelines and watching other people fight indicates that the troubles of others may spill over into your life.
3. A dream of war indicates an inner battle. The dreamer needs to look within and see what it is that's keeping them from getting anywhere. Other symbols in the dream might help.
1. To point a finger or see someone else pointing is calling your attention to whatever other symbol in the dream the finger is indicating. If you view the symbol in question as a positive one, then good fortune lies ahead - soon. If you view the symbol as a negative image, then caution is called for in any business, financial or romantic matters. If the finger points at a specific person whom you know, that person - or someone who reminds you of that person - is not to be trusted, and any dealings with him or her call for a great deal of caution.
2. A cut, broken, or bandaged finger is a dream of contrary, indicating significant successes after a great deal of effort.
3. If you are aware that the finger is of a left hand, you are being warned that any shady sort of dealings, whether business, financial or romantic, will not go the way you hope, and could have upsetting consequences.
The fish is a very powerful and positive image in many world traditions.
1. To the Babylonians, Phoenicians, and Assyrians, it was honored as a symbol of fertility.
2. In Native American tradition, the fish is a symbol for mystical secrets, for it can swim to the deepest regions of the ocean and explore its hidden knowledge.
3. In British lore, it was believed that eating fish before lovemaking could enable a couple to conceive a child.
4. The early Christians used the fish as the symbol for the Christ Consciousness. It was widely believed that this symbol resulted from the Greek acronym for \"Jesus Christ, Son of God.\" But there is also the fact that the coming of Jesus ushered in the Age of Pisces the Fish, which encapsulates the mysticism, love, and happiness to which all world traditions ascribe to the fish.
5. In Scandinavia, fish was considered an aphrodisiac, and was popularly consumed on Friday, the feast day of Freya, Goddess of Love - and in her honor Friday was a day dedicated to lovemaking.
There are, therefore, many possibilities if you dream of a fish - all good, even if the fish was a greatly feared one like the shark. If there is a possibility of a pregnancy, dreaming of a fish could mean that a child is on the way, and the pregnancy and birth will be uneventful and result in a healthy baby. If the dreamer is in love but is not yet sure about the beloved's feelings, dreaming of a fish strongly indicates that the feelings are indeed reciprocated. Dreaming of catching fish, either with a pole or with a net, indicates success and prosperity ahead. Seeing fish swimming in a clear pool indicates that a number of secrets about yourself and the world around you are going to suddenly become clearer.
1. Energy; drive. The dreamer needs to prepare herself for an increased level of stress and activity.
2. If the dreamer is burned, trouble lies ahead. Look to other symbols in the dream as to how to prepare for it and resolve it.
3. If the dreamer avoids being burned, a sticky situation will be quickly resolved.
4. A roaring bonfire or a welcome blaze in a fireplace signifies good news, security, a period of hope after a stint of difficulties.
Astrological parallel: Aries, Mars
1. Watching fireworks burst into a rain of light in the sky is an omen of great good fortune ahead, particularly in romance.
2. If someone throws a firecracker at you, this is a sign of trouble, probably because of someone else. But if the firecracker turns out to be a dud, that person will not succeed.
3. Sparklers and Roman candles are portents of an increased social life and good times ahead.
1.Water is a universal symbol for emotion, and thus a dream of a flood indicates that a plethora of deep feelings is coming the dreamer's way. If the flood is warm, gentle and comforting, the feelings will be positive, and possibly could involve romance. But if the flood is dark, cold, and overwhelming, be prepared for emotional turmoil.
2. Being swept away by a flood warns that someone of the opposite sex whom you trust may be trying to use you.
3. Escaping from the flood, especially if you continue to reach high ground, indicates overcoming a great difficulty.
1. Always a positive symbol. Joy and happiness, and perhaps a whole new life, lie ahead for the dreamer.
Astrological parallel: Taurus, Virgo.
Tarot parallel: The Sun.
1. Dreaming of flying high in the air and looking down on your usual surroundings is a very common dream, and most often implies a widening and broadening of your vision. It is also an omen of happiness, exhilaration, and good fortune. Whether these benefits will come easily or with great effort depends on the circumstances of the dream, particularly the weather. (see Flying)
2. Dreaming of a fly, that is, the insect, represents a minor obstacle that must be overcome - in short, the proverbial "fly in the ointment." An annoying fly that keeps buzzing around your head is a signal that the obstacle, however miniscule it might be, will not go away on its own and requires immediate attention.
1. The dreamer's basic ambition, drive, goals, and dreams. If the dreamer is flying like a bird, then he can accomplish his goals almost on his own. If the dreamer is flying in an airplane, or other sort of airship, he will need assistance. If the weather around him is turbulent, the path to success will be rocky and strewn with obstacles. If it is clear, the path ahead should be straightforward and easily traveled. If others are flying with him, he needs to gather the support of others in order to attain his goal.
Astrological parallel: Uranus
Tarot parallel: The World
2. A harbinger of a happy time in the dreamer's life - as if she is "flying high."
Astrological/Tarot parallel: The Sun
1. Dreaming of ripe, appealing fruit in your dream is a very positive omen, and can symbolize several things: success and prosperity (the fruits of your labor); a pregnancy (fruit of the womb) or a heightened period of creativity (the fruits of your imagination.)
2. If the fruit is sour, rotten, or spoiled, however, it is a sign that something you're striving for is going to turn bad - and it's best if you stop work on it right now, figure out what's wrong with it, and move on only once the problem is resolved.
An obstacle dream, dependent on other circumstances in the dream for exact interpretation. A fog at sea indicates blockages in emotional situations, such as romance. A fog on land indicates setbacks with regard to business or financial progress. If the fog clears away during the dream, then the blockages will let up and therefore there's no need to lose heart. If it thickens, however, perhaps you'd better rethink the situation.
1. If the foreign country was one that you have either been to and loved, or always wanted to visit, this is a sign that the attainment of your heart's desire is closer than you think. It also means that you should keep working on it and not be discouraged in spite of any setbacks.
2. If the foreign country is strange, or the people unfriendly, or if it's a country where violence, war, and other unfavorable situations are occurring, then something or someone in your life is leading you into strange and unfamiliar territory which could at the very least make you uncomfortable. Think twice before allowing yourself to be tempted into circumstances that you know nothing about.
If the foreigner was friendly and jovial, and if you liked him or her, this is an omen of good times ahead no matter what the foreigner's nationality was. If he was unfriendly and hostile, however, it is still an omen of good times ahead, but of hitting a number of dead ends before you reach your goals.
Food is a universal symbol for prosperity and for plenty, even in rough times. If the food was fresh and crisp, then good things will be coming in profusion, but if some or all of it was spoiled, there will be setbacks, although in the end all will be well. Buying food represents domestic happiness; selling food indicates business advancement. Tasting food, however, while it's still a positive omen, represents minor steps towards prosperity.
As with all dreams of Earth's bounty, a forest basically is a happy omen if the dream shows the sun shining through the trees and a clear path ahead. Even a forest fire indicates positive progress. But if the dreamer felt alone and frightened, this means that his or her own feelings could get in the way of prosperity and success. If he or she felt lost, this implies a need to get a better grasp on one's own financial circumstances in order to better them. Other symbols in the dream can yield more information.
An omen of a happy and fulfilled life. If the fountain is flowing freely, things should go comparatively easily from here on out; however, if the fountain is malfunctioning, there are still a few obstacles that need to be overcome first.
A positive omen in all ways. Whether you saw them, held them, heard them, or ate them, they signify happiness, success in your profession, and true friends.
A dream of buying or selling gasoline is a sign of prosperity ahead, but there may be a few bumps in the road before you get what you want. Running out of gasoline is a dream of contrary, implying a rush of energy and inspiration in whatever activity means the most to you. If you're not sure what that is, look to other symbols in the dream.
A dream of fur on a live animal signifies love, warmth, and happiness. See the entries relating to each individual animal for more details. Wearing a new, well-tailored fur coat indicates financial success, while a shabby, worn-out fur coat indicates financial reversals.